In May 2017, Chinese President Xi Jinping announced at the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation that China will hold China International Import Expo (CIIE) starting from 2018. As promised the Chinese government make this significant move to hold CIIE and give firm support to trade liberalization and economic globalization and actively open the Chinese market to the world. It facilitates countries and regions all over the world to strengthen economic cooperation and trade, and to promote global trade and world economic growth in order to make the world economy more open. The Chinese government welcomes government officials, business communities, exhibitors and professional purchasers across the world to participate in CIIE and to explore the Chinese market. The Expo is organized by Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China and to be held from November 05-10 2018 at the National Exhibition and Convention Centre (Shanghai). Accordingly, Ethiopian delegation composed of representatives of various government agencies, private sector actors and sector associations finalized preparations to take part in this Expo. Ethiopian delegates primarily would showcase the countries potential in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agro processing, Manufacturing, Tourism and trade.
- “Ethiopia: Taste of Origins” Agricultural Commodities Brand Launched
- The first Inter African Trade fair (IATF) took place in Cairo, Egypt from 11- 17 December 2018
- Ethiopian delegation to take part in the first China International Import Expo (CIIE) in Shanghai, China
- Ethiopian Business Delegation Composed of Sesame Exporters Visited Israel
- Ethiopia Promotes Export Commodities at Major International Trade Shows through ATA and MoT Facilitation